Friday, September 02, 2005

Six

Woe is me. My husband called me as I was getting off of work yesterday, to tell me that he'd been called to volunteer for the relief efforts in Louisianna. Though I want him to go and be of good service and wonderful help, my heart is just breaking because I so desperately do not want for him to go. We have all these wonderful plans and I just don't want to put them on hold. We are supposed to be going camping this week, but it looks like it'll just be me and the kids and my M-i-L. I was just so looking forward to spending this time with my family. I'll still be spending the time with my family, but it just won't be the same. Woe is me. I told my husband that I really didn't want him to go, but that I didn't want my emotions dictating his decision. He'll have a job when he gets back, and we are going to be enrolled into a different healthcare. I'm just so bummed because it seems he's been gone a lot this year, but not compared to last year when he was gone the entire year. Again I say woe is me.

So today, I have to get a few things together before my husband leaves. We don't know for sure when he'll be going or for sure how long he'll be gone. It could be 2 months; maybe more, maybe less. I just know I'll miss him terribly, probably worse than last year, but just like last year, I'll get thru it. I just pray that God will be watching over me. The Lord is my strength.

Well, I need to get ready for the day. It won't be long and the kids will be waking up.

~E.

1 comment:

~B said...

Ask a cowboy what the opposite of woe (whoa) is and he'll tell you "GETTUP!!!" -kmf