Thursday, September 22, 2005

On Top of Old Smokey

Hi there! On Tuesday, I went to Christian Women's Club. It was really a lot of fun!! There was a woman who spoke of her walk with the Lord and the things that happened in her life. It was really nice listening to her speak. She spoke of her family and her children and just things in her life and so on. The thing that really stuck out was when she told of her daughter who at the age of 3 was tragicallky killed in a car accident. It was so sad, if I'd been by myself, I would have just started bawling. One of the things that she said about her was that she seemed to know very early on that she believed in the Lord. The woman said she used to call her "the angel with a dirty face" because she was always playing in the dirt and getting dirt on her face. Oh my heart was just breaking. Anyway, one of the things she remembered about her daugter was that she always would sing a song, sung to the tune of "On top of Old Smokey". I asked the woman if she would give me the words to the song, because I thought it was so neat and she was gracious enough to share them with me. Here are the words:"I'm glad I'm a Christian, I trust in the lord, I'm reading the Bible, believing His word. The past is forginven, from sin I am free, A mansion in Heaven is waiting for me." I just thought this was so neat. I hope you will too. Enjoy.
~E.

No comments: