Monday, September 12, 2005

Why are people the way they are? Why am I the way I am?

Today was a hard day at work. There is a woman that works there who just doesn't want to "play" nice. It's almost as though she doesn't care what the "rules" are. She just frustrates me so much. For example, she never puts the butter scoop back in the water, and she's kind of bossy and not so much in a sweet way either. Yoo hoo, your order is up, hello? And then she'll say it kind of condescending too. And for some reason, today was the MOST frustrating day that it's ever been working with her. I usually get along very well with everyone. I think bad things and want to say bad things. She causes me to be stressed. Stress is that confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it. I used nice words, the real quote has swear words in it, but I am trying very hard not to swear. She could drive me to drink. NO not really. Drink coffee or coke maybe. I really enjoy my job and everywhere one works there will be an ogre, but things would be better without this one in particular. Then again, since the workplace will always have an ogre, then it'll never change. OR maybe it's me. I have prayed about this situation, but perhaps not enough. I just don't know what to do. This woman drives me nuts!!! Or perhaps it is my focus on her that is driving me nuts. Ughh!!!

The weather. It rained pretty hard today. I was on my way to my church for a meeting, when the rain started to come down in sheets. It was unbelievable. The visibility was down to nothing. As I turned into the parking lot, I was worried that I might get hit by an oncoming car. I sat in my vehicle listening to the radio watching it rain. Then the sirens came on and I decided to go back home and skip the meeting.

I feel much better now and hope that I won't be overcome with the onslaught of comments. I really love my job a lot. I know that it isn't the place I belong, but it is a place I enjoy being, if I have to be away from my kids. Supper is ready. I gotta go.

~E.

No comments: