Sunday, October 16, 2005

Miscelaneous bits

So this weekend was really nice. I visited my family and stayed in a hotel. My kids didn't get a nap in, and so my son was sooooooooooooooooooo tired by the time we got to bed. It was really late anyway as I was up visiting with my siblings. I was also busy making mints for the farewell party for my dad and his wife. So we didn't actually leave my sisters house until midnight. My son fell asleep on our way to the hotel, but then woke up once we got there. He fell asleep in the chair, so cute, and I moved him to the pull out bed where his sister was already asleep. I went to bed a little while later and then about an hour later, my son fell out of bed. Oh no. That started a cycle of sleep deprivation and frustration. I took him to bed with me, and then like every half hour he sat up in bed and said go bye bye and would sort of cry. Around 4, he finally got to sleep. But around that time, my daughter fell out of bed. She was ok, and slept with grandma. But oh boy, my poor kids had a really rough night. My daughter woke up at 7:30 or 8:00. My son woke up at around 9:30. It was such a blessing that he slept for so long after such a rough go of it. I'm sure they just had such a hard night because they were in an unfamiliar bed and they got to bed sooooo late. Today, they got a nap in, even though I didn't think it would be possible due to our situation. But the kids were so tired and it worked out pretty nicely. They slept really well. What a blessing.

Today was the farewell party for my dad and his wife. There was a really nice turnout of people. My dad and his wife are moving to another state. I will miss them both terribly. It was nice to be able to see them whenever but now it's going to be quite a trek if I wish to see them. They said they were coming home next summer. Hopefully they are still able to do that when summer comes. They are buying a house, fixing it up, selling it, and then taking that money and having a house built. I'm sure it will be nice when it's all said and done. Dad's wife said that she is really craving christian friends and I hope that she is able to find them where they are going. We all need good friends like that.

Yesterday was a whole bunch of fun. We went to this cornfield maze. The cornfield maze is in a cornfield that has paths plowed in the shape of an entire farm. Barn, windmill, farmhouse, etc. and then within the maze are mailboxes. The reason for the mailboxes is because it's kind of like a treasure hunt/test. They give you this quiz sheet and then you have to find the mailboxes and insided the mailboxes are the answers to the quiz, and you just have to guess which mailbox goes with which question. It was so cool. My family was doing this for competition, and I decided that it was too much pressure, so I decided just to walk the cornfield maze just for fun. It was too hard to read the map and I just couldn't figure it out. But it was sure a lot of fun!!
Have a great night. ~E.

No comments: