Saturday, November 11, 2006

what is it with me, anyway?

So today, I went shopping for a couple of hours and my kids were wonderful!!! Well, that is until the last half hour. We were getting ready to leave, but I decided that we should take a bathroom break before we left. So everyone got out of the cart and then nobody wanted to get back in, and they started throwing big huge fits!! It was really awful. It was such a huge turn from their behavior before we went to the bathroom. Ughh!!

Then after that, we went to visit some uncles and get a few things that I get from one of them, and I always just say in a teasing manner, that because they have such cool things, I'm going to come and take it. But I'm always just joking. I've never and never would I take anything from them without their permission. Anyway, I said it again, and one of the uncles got really mad at me and asked how I would like it if someone came and took all my stuff and whatever, and then he also said something about coming over to a locked door!! I apologized and told him that I wasn't being serious and I didn't mean for him to take me seriously. When we left, my MIL asked what his problem was. I was a little relieved that she knew that I was kidding around. Anyway, then she also went on to say that the stuff I was looking at, probably didn't even belong to her brothers and who's to say she wouldn't come and take it herself? Anyway this is just the sort of thing that always gets me into trouble. I keep joking around and just talking about doing stuff, never actually doing, and then end up upsetting people and then having them hate me. I do feel like I was liked by this uncle before tonight. I guess maybe it's just been something that's been on his mind since the first time I said it. There are things that are in the house that do legitamately belong to me, and only those things would I take, oh and the things that the other uncle saves for me. I asked my MIL about the amount of material wealth they had growing up, and maybe that's why this uncle doesn't want what little he has to be taken. I can understand that. I just wonder though, who will get the lovely privelage of going thru all that stuff when the siblings who own the home are all gone?.....~E.

No comments: