Saturday, December 10, 2005

My Birthday

Even though I'm a day late, I thought I'd share how I spent my 33rd Birthday. It was a very good day. I took my mother-in-law to the Dr for a stress test. While I was sitting waiting for her, I worked on a little "filing" project. I am being swallowed whole by paper. I am losing the paper battle. If I could just ditch paper, I would, but for some reason it has this unbelievable hold on me. A constant grip that if I were to ever lose hold of it I would be in a whirlwind. Anyway, I took this little project and worked on it. My MIL was MIA for an hour. I sat in the car and worked on this while my poor kids sat with me and just watched the "traffic". We were parked, so not much traffic could be had.:) After the appointment, my MIL took us out for breakfast. What a nice treat. We went to eat at the restaurant where I work. I had a wonderful big breakfast. After the meal, our server, who I really enjoy working with, but who also causes me a great deal of frustration, came out with a slice of pie and ice cream for me for my birthday. I wasn't expecting this at all. She and the other servers sang Happy Birthday to me. When people come and eat on their birthdays, I love singing to them. After breakfast, we went and did some shopping. I needed to buy some new shoes, but couldn't find them. We shopped for about 2 hours. It was fun. When we got home, we watched tv while the kids napped. After the show was over, my mil baked me my favorite cake; Angel food. I just love Angel Food cake. (For my 9th birthday, my grandmother baked me an angel food cake for me to eat all by myself~not in one sitting of course. And I would have too, except that she frosted it with some sweet frosting. I think I got sick). My husband came home and then it was time for me to open my present. I got a really neat stuffed panda that you talk into and record your voice and then you can play it over and over. It was really sweet. We had fun with that. Then it was time to eat the cake. I didn't have candles on my cake. I don't know why, I just didn't. And then my family wouldn't sing HBD to me, but the cake was soooooooooo good. Today, it is gone. After all this excitement, we decided to order Pizza. Yummy. We ate the pizza and then it was time for my husband and I to retreat to watch a movie in the privacy of our bedroom. We saw the movie "The Notebook"~FINALLY!! It was so good. I cried. Then we went to sleep. The end. 5 people called to wish me happy birthday. It was so nice. My dad called while I was watching the movie and I didn't hear the phone ring, so I missed his call. I will probably try calling him tomorrow. I have big plans for tomorrow, but I will definately have to make it a point. I miss my dad very much.~E

No comments: