Monday, May 22, 2006

Ahhh the tube

I just don't get soaps. I mean seriously. I was talking to a friend earlier today and I would like to go out to lunch with her. Well, tomorrow is the only day that I am available. I have an Ultra Sound at 2:00 and so I was thinking that we should meet for lunch at 11:00. However, the Young and the Restless is on at 11:00. My friend will absolutely NOT budge. It's like she will die if she misses her show. I said something to her about being obsessed and she gave me this speech about all the millions of women hooked on soaps. It's a sad thing, if you ask me. Anyway, we aren't going out to lunch because of her handicap.:) It's her loss, I guess. I just don't get soaps. Can someone explain it to me? I know I've done my fair share of soap watching. But I just don't get the obsession now???~E

1 comment:

~B said...

Soaps let women take part in a world of hightened drama and stronger, more passionate living. It becomes their 'second existence' -their life that seems even more worth living than the one they were given. To skip an episode is probable equivalent to missing a day of life. -kmf